Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FYP - State of the Union Address (or WTFudge Has Peta Been Up To)

September 26, 2010 - October 13, 2010


I made my proposal presentation on Tuesday (Sept. 27, 2010), and it was a HIT! Final Year Project systems are GO! *cabbage patches - the only victory dance she knows* That was the one really bright spark of good news for the week, and Tropical Storm Nicole's back end completely shegged the island from Tuesday night right into Friday morning. The most damages we sustained were a muddy veranda and a few minor leaks, but plenty of others had it worse. :( The rebuilding process is just beginning.
In terms of my project, I'm still mostly in research mode so output has been limited. On the other hand, the knowledge I've been gaining so far has been invaluable. True, I may not be as far ahead as I had hoped but what I've been learning so far has helped me avoid some glaring mistakes that would have sent me sailing straight back to the drawing board. Three words - Not. Gonna. Happen.
As it stands, I'm in the process of writing rough chapter plans for my story before I start typing a manuscript. It's a great way to lay out the direction in which you want your characters and their story to go without a big intimidating blank screen with a blinking cursor in front of your face. :D Besides, having a rough to show at critique is a lot better than having a sob story. Speaking of characters, character sketches are in progress (yay!). So far I have initial sketches for the main character, one of her best friends and one of her other friends. Yes, other friends. More details to follow. ;)
In the mean time, I've been trying my hands at handmade folders for my future manuscript and other notes. Bookbinding supplies are next to impossible to locate here, so I've been doing a lot of improvising and recycling. So far, I have three cover bases made (yay!) and I plan to photo-document the process with those as well. Look out for those too. :)



1 comment:

  1. This is great!!! You are well on your way and doing the work which is incredible! It's a process, but you grow each time you set pen to paper. I wish you well. thanks so much for stopping by. I know you are busy and all. I appreciate.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! While the Anonymous User option has been selected, please leave a nickname with your comments so that I can keep better track of who said what.

Thank you!