Monday, January 23, 2012

FYP - Character Bookmarks (Rough Edition), and the Final Year Quest

Heya! Hope you all had a great and productive/restful weekend! I hope so, because it's time to get down to business - at least for me. =) Over the last week/weekend, I've been tweaking my character buttons (FYP - Buttons Test-Run and Feedback Poll); I'm happy to say that the animal characters at least are ready to be printed, but I've decided to rework Charlene's button illustration. After some time had past, I realized that her expression and overall pose didn't say anything about her personality, nor did it entice the viewer - which is one massive oversight on my part (FYP - Button W.I.Ps!).

Anyway, enough about the buttons! Time to move on to the bookmarks!


Character Bookmarks (Roughs)

I sketched this set some months ago, but I've only just decided to upload them. I haven't been consistent in updating LangiSketches, and keeping my friends abreast with my progress, but I'm aiming to change that. =D The sketches feature the individual illustrations for a set of six character bookmarks, which will measure 2" x 7" each. Drawing from what I learned while drawing the button art, I've put in more of each character's personality into their poses, expressions, and the objects that they hold (with Lizzy Rexxy being the exception, and his dancing prowess speaks loud enough!). Also, this is the first shot of Charlene in her primary school uniform.


Rough bookmark sketches for Growlford, Ramesh, Charlene, and Lizzy.

Rough bookmark sketches of Countess Whiskeria, and Pree.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


The Final Year Quest

Last week Tuesday, I launched my IndieGogo campaign entitled Final Year Guest - The Great Fundraising. My aim for this campaign is to raise additional funds for my final year exam and show, and I've also added a campaign widget to the right of my blog (just look for Pree's bright-smiling, feathery face). Since unforseen expenses wiped out my savings (new emergency computer being the main culprit), I'm looking forward to donations in order to get my work printed, which includes the buttons and these bookmarks. Best of all, donating will get you one or more of my merchandise items in return! Sweet, eh? Please feel free to help by spreading the word, as I'll need all the aid I can get at this point. ^^;

Thanks for reading, and be sure to tune in next week when I post about another work-in-progress for my Final Year Project!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! While the Anonymous User option has been selected, please leave a nickname with your comments so that I can keep better track of who said what.

Thank you!