Monday, January 30, 2012

FYP - Furniture Design Sketches and Final Illustrations

Greetings, peeps! As promised in last week's post (FYP - Character Bookmarks (Rough Edition), and the Final Year Quest), I'd be showing sketches and final illustrations for my furniture designs this week. Since the chairs are the more technical part of the table/chair set (the table being circular, after all), I decided to focus on them this week. If you want a recap on what I had done before, and where I first drew my inspiration, please check the FYP - Children's Furniture: Chair Designs post.

So, without further adieu, I present character chair designs!

 

I started off with four Col-erase sketches, drawing half of each character to scale to ensure that the proportions were correct:

Chair Design Sketch - Ramesh Goatee.





Chair Design Sketch - Growlford Barkley.

Chair Design Sketch - Countess Whiskeria.



Chair Design Sketch - Lizzy Rexxy.

After that, I took the sketches into Adobe Illustrator where the pen tool and I became better acquainted. Here's the magic we made together:

Chair Design Illustration - Ramesh Goatee.

Chair Design Illustration - Growlford Barkley.


Chair Design Illustration - Countess Whiskeria.


Chair Design Illustration - Lizzy Rexxy.



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
 

I got the finals printed at Repographic of Jamaica Supplies Limited; their work is superb, and their customer service is excellent. Next stop - finding an excellent, highly skilled joiner to help me put this all together. Wish me luck! Suggestions and references wouldn't hurt either. =D

That's it for this week's update! Feel free to let me know what you think of my designs, and even on my previous posts on my Final Year Project. In addition, my Final Year Quest - The Great Fundraising campaign on IndieGogo is still running; every little bit helps in getting all my Final Year Project pieces made, printed, and displayed. =) Thanks for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! While the Anonymous User option has been selected, please leave a nickname with your comments so that I can keep better track of who said what.

Thank you!